Wishbone Ash 40 years later. Playing Argus album incessantly as teenagers is #8 on the list of reasons we actually grew up in the same house but on different sides of the Atlantic. #blog
At Stan Tatkin’s Wired for Love workshop at Esalen this weekend with Rachel. One of the most beautiful spots on this green earth. Fabulous workshop too. #blog
Great soccer season this year…all the way to the semi-finals of the U-11 state cup. Well done Sebastian. (And thank gawd it’s finally over.) #blog
Interesting article from the BBC on why bicycling is so popular in the Netherlands.
“In many cities the paths are completely segregated from motorised traffic. Sometimes, where space is scant and both must share, you can see signs showing an image of a cyclist with a car behind accompanied by the words ‘Bike Street: Cars are guests’.”
We could use a little more of that in Mill Valley.No comments
One of my summer interns asked me for ideas of things to do in the Bay Area. Here’s my list…suggestions welcome!
- Santa Cruz boardwalk…ride the Big Dipper 3 times in a row. Put your hands up!
- Downtown Palo Alto. Meet some friends for drinks and dinner. Walk around the Stanford campus. Walk up to the “dish” and back.
- Alcatraz. Really!
- Muir Woods. But do it very early morning to miss the crowds. Then go have lunch at the Pelican Inn.
- Stinson Beach. Walk on the beach. Have dinner at the Sand Dollar.
- Bolinas. See the hippies. Stop at Gospel Flat Farm Stand. Go surfing.
- Occidental. Go up the coast thru Pt Reyes Station. Grab a pastry at the Bovine Bakery. Then head up to Marshall and thru Freestone, and wind up in Occidental for dinner. Pick any of the Italian style restaurants there.
- Music any weekend at Rancho Nicasio. Go Sat or Sunday for the bbq and music on the lawn. Always rocking.
- Russian River. Rent kayaks.
- Napa Valley. Can suggest some wineries if you’re interested. Stay in Calistoga.
- Harbin Hot Springs. Really!
- Drive from SF down the coast to Santa Barbara, and if you have time to Hearst Castle. Big Sur is AMAZING!
- Yosemite. It’s only 3 1/2 hours.
- Berkeley. Walk through the campus. Then over to Telegraph Avenue. Then up Strawberry Canyon and hike up to the lab. Have dinner in Elmwood area of Telegraph ave.
- Giants game. Find good tix on stubhub or craigslist.
- Any concert at Mt Winery in Saratoga. Great place to see any band.